Primal Quest forces you to go beyond yourself, that’s why we enlist co-ed teams of four. It’s not focused on head-to-head competition or individual ranking. Teams have to come together as a collective to succeed. Teammates have to respect each others differences, be open to listening, cooperate, and rise each other up to unleash their full potential. The race doesn’t reward the “do it all yourself” mentality.
The intense challenges of Primal Quest requires you to ask for help when you need it, and support others when they do. It’s a unique communal environment where you grow skills that you don’t use as often more individual-focused daily life. These abilities enrich all of your relationships during and after the race.
“Some of my greatest memories are snapshots of me with my teammates. I still have people who reach out to me after 20 years saying ‘Remember when we were at the side of the river, washing our faces, sharing filtered water in total darkness. That’s one of the most amazing moments of my life. The race creates that connection that lasts a lifetime.”
-Maria Burton, founder.
Register your team and take on the adventure of a lifetime together. You’ll be talking about it for years.
Top 5 Team FAQ’s
1. Entry Fee & Sponsorship– The fee to enter the race is $9500 per team, payable in instalments. Many teams seek out corporate sponsorship for financial support in the race, and we can help! We have a sponsorship package that you can send to potential sponsors. (Click here to download) We can also meet with your team and the potential sponsor to discuss the value of their sponsorship and help them understand the full reach, and marketing value for their sponsorship. If this is something you’re interested in please email Maria@primalquest.org. If the initial entry fee is a challenge, please reach out to us to discuss other opportunities that may be available for teams. Email Maria@primalquest.org.
2. Team Format – The team format for Primal Quest must be co –ed teams of four. Individuals can register as a team captain and then search for suitable team mates. If you’re looking for a team mate and would like our support please contact us with a picture and a bio and we will advertise it on our social media channels for you.
3. Geography – Are you and your team mates coming to use from different parts of the globe? That’s is okay! You do not need to live in the same city (or even country) in order to compete in Primal Quest. Take advantage of the many training apps where we can track and share progress virtually ie Strava). All we require is that you meet at the start line as a team, with all of your individual and team gear ready.
4. Personal and Team Equipment – As a racer you will be required to carry your own gear and mandatory safety gear, and as a team you’ll be required to carry a variety team safety gear as well. We will do all of the heavy lifting and get your gear and food to the transition areas so it’s ready for the next leg and gives you opportunity to re-supply. We provide kayaks, rafts and fixed ropes for the major stuff. You bring your personal equipment with which are you are familiar and have trained with. For a full list of required personal and team gear please visit our gear list page.
5. Training – Ideally your teammates are also your training partners. Luckily in todays’ tech culture we are not confined to being in the same place to train alongside others. There are many successful topnotch teams that utilize Strava or the like to share and track their training alongside their teammates. Plus, there are numerous online coaches and training apps that may also provide great motivation.
More Questions: Do you have more questions about Primal Quest? Please visit our FAQ section to see the top 20 questions we get asked! If you don’t see your question being answered please contact us and we will be happy to help!