As a Primal Quest team, you’ll be part of North America’s premier non-stop, 10-day expedition adventure race. It’s designed to be nature’s most epic journey and an experience you’ll carry with you for the rest of your life.
The 2017 Primal Quest race will place you in the equally stunning and rugged Coastal Mountains of British Columbia, Canada. Teams will have the opportunity to take in this world-renowned natural wonder before, during, and after the race, which takes place from September, 6 – 15th, 2017.
Imagine you could have a transformational adventure of a lifetime for just $250 per day. Your Primal Quest Expedition registration includes food, transportation, two night accommodations, pre- and post-race community events, Primal Quest swag, and full TV coverage to share your journey.
Your registration includes more than just the race itself; it also includes:
Primal Quest is the world’s toughest test of human endurance, but only 10% of participants are considered elite athletes. Most are ordinary people, taking on an extraordinary challenge.
You learn so much about yourself, what you’re capable of doing, and what’s truly important. It’s guaranteed to leave an impression on you that carries forward and benefits your future decisions and relationships.
Primal Quest is about your personal journey as much as the physical challenge. You will test your limits physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. It’s unlike any other race.
Racers come together with a likeminded community. You often train in isolation but, at the race, you realise that you were never alone. Others were doing the same with you all along. There’s that energy. The idea that you’re going to follow the same journey together.
You’ll share this time and space, different personal highs and lows, and experience the power in asking for help and helping others. There are countless lifelong friendships forged at Primal Quest. It’s an unforgettable experience you’ll want to share forever.
You get the best of what mother nature has to offer. We approach each race location with one mission: to find the absolute, most incredible environments and challenges. The most epic whitewater, the most remarkable glacier trek, the most challenging rock face to climb.
The biggest challenges deliver the biggest reward. We find you to the most ideal adventure a place can offer.
Primal Quest Adventure Race Details
- Race Dates – September 6 – 15, 2017
- Region & Country – Sunshine Coast, British Columbia, Canada
- Distance – 400 to 600 km
- Course Open Time – 10 days
- Est. Winning Time – 6 days
- Disciplines – Mountain Bike, Trail Run/Trek, Glacier Mountaineer, River Raft, Ocean Kayak, Ropes (Ascent/Rappel/Fixed), Navigation
- Category – Co-ed Teams of four
- Team Limit – 40 Teams
- Logistics – Unsupported
- Watercraft – Kayaks/Rafts provided
- Mandatory Gear – First Aid Kit, Mountain Bike, Climbing Gear, Helmets, Paddles, and Pack, plus further details to TBA.
- Certifications Required – White water, Ropes (Ascent/Rappel), Glacier Mountaineering, details TBA
- Rules – Standard Primal Quest rules will apply – details TBA
Entry Fee*: $9,500 USD (per team)
- $1,500 non refundable deposit due at time of registration
- 2nd payment due Dec 1st – $2,000
- 3rd payment due March 1st – $2000
- 4th payment due May 1st – $4,000
Please note that if you are registering after the due date of a consecutive payment, the payment is due immediately.
If a team cancels their application:
Nov 30, 2016: 75% of the entry fee transfers forward to the following year. Entry slot is not guaranteed.
Jun 31, 2017: 25% of the entry fee will be carried forward to the following year. Entry slot is not guaranteed.